Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wizard Gynoid's Sacred Geometry: Through December 1

wizzy_004
Location: Badly Needed Study Break

I needed to get away from reviewing academic articles for Writing Lab Newsletter and so off I went, in avatarian form, to see Wizard Gynoid's artwork. This gave me the excuse to play with the Advanced Sky settings, something I used to do on my monthly road trips until I got so mad at Linden Lab that I parked my fake cars for a while.

I don't get out enough now to see the arts in SL, one of the best reasons to retain an avatar in that grid. I've a layman's interest in geometry, one of the few forms of math at which I could ever earn A grades.

Wizzy's "Four-Point Retroperspective" runs until Dec. 1 at The Turing Gallery and to quote the artist:
"The creations shown here are a retrospective of some of the things I've been working on over the last three and a half years. Precise geometry is the unifying theme. My work has largely been about shifting these objects to an artistic context, so that their inherent beauty can be appreciated.

First Room: Works by Polagirus...

The lobby has several works by my collaborator Polagirus Paragorn. These works are significant from a "Sacred Geometry" perspective, and are suggestive of the significance of the isometric grid. The "Flower of Life" motif is recurrent.

The next room has objects representative of the Kepler/Poinsot group of geometric solids. The Platonic Solids are represented, as well as various higher-dimensional (than three)"
Sacred Geometry

Get by to see the work. I'm an old-school gamer, so I had to buy a dodecahedron.

No comments: