Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mardi Gras Road Trip

Mardi Gras Road Trip

Location: The Road, South of Ross Sim

This one is just for the joy of posting the pic. I love the juxtaposition of the gas sign and billboard: two different sides of SL, captured at random in one frame.

I was wearing custom Mardi-Gras beads, courtesy of Cynthia Barley. Many thanks!!

The trip itself was brief. I crashed badly--not the car, but the SL client.

Possible culprits:
  • A fancy 3D mouse that Beeble Baxter loaned me. It was cool...when it worked :)
  • Using a car, and not my lower-prim motorcycle, in a crowded area. I was approaching some sort of Mardi-Gras event on the open road when things fell apart.
  • SL's high graphics specs. I was running off the Macbook's more robust external-monitor card but with graphics at "high" and with a custom sky in the "environment editor."
All that said, I'll keep riding the roads of SL. It's becoming a hobby within a hobby. You never know what you'll see, if you don't crash. It's a sort of innocent voyeurism (I don't cam into buildings when I stop the car) that one does not get in racing games.

No comments: